Akkas & Associates is a globally recognized Turkish citizenship law firm with a long record of excellence and professional leadership in Istanbul, Turkey. Our Turkish citizenship law attorneys are prepared to assist you to buy real estate worth more than 400,000 USD or opening a bank account to deposit 500,000 USD to get Turkish citizenship & passports.
Our Turkish real estate lawyers represent our clients in real property purchases, we prepare real estate sale contracts including residential and commercial properties and lands. We review and amend the contracts that are prepared by the developers as well. After we finish the property buying phase we apply & represent our clients throughout the Turkey citizenship application process until they get their Turkish passports.
We do perform Turkish citizenship services with property purchase options. We have extensive experience in immigration law in Turkey and we have obtained more than 560 passports, currently, we have 60+ pending applications.
We have successfully represented clients from Iran, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Egypt, Tunis, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Hong Kong, Macao, China (we obtained more than 100 passports for Chinese), Djibouti, India, Russia, France, Romania, Algeria, Saint Kitts and Nevis, South Africa, South Korea, Vanuatu, and the USA and we know how to get required paperwork done in each country.
We have many clients residing in the UAE who successfully obtained Turkish citizenship. Currently, we have more than 15 pending applications for clients from the UAE.
All Details About Turkish Citizenship by Investment
Our Turkish citizenship law attorneys perform legal services for making an investment and getting a conformity certificate for the investment to apply for Turkish citizenship. Once the investment step is completed, we will apply for residency for the main applicant. After that, we will prepare a Turkish citizenship file for the main applicant and his/her spouse and kids.
Generally, it takes 3 to 4 months to get a citizenship application accepted. We did not have any refusals so far. We got our last application accepted in 75 days. Once your application is accepted, you can apply for a Turkish ID card and passport and get your fingerprints at the Turkish Embassy in your country, you don’t have to come to Turkey at all.
However, if you like to come and get it done in Istanbul one of our English-speaking Turkish lawyers will help you to get fingerprints and apply for a Turkish ID card and passport. Turkish passport and ID card will be mailed to our office address.
Legal Grounds for Turkey Citizenship by Investment
The Council of Ministers has adopted a decision published in the Official Gazette dated January 12, 2017. Accordingly, the Turkish Government introduced the option of obtaining Turkish Citizenship via making an investment in Turkey, like other countries in the world, with certain reservations.
In line with the further amendments made by President Decision No. 106 entered into force on September 19, 2018, the amounts of investment required for acquiring Turkish citizenship applications are lowered.
Recently, one of the exceptional ways based on purchasing real estate with a minimum value of $250,000 increased to $400,000.
Turkish Citizenship Law’s Article 12 allows foreign investors to acquire Turkish citizenship in exceptional terms; with 18.09.2018 dated 106 numbered Presidential Decree, amendatory new arrangements have been made regarding the amounts mentioned in Article 20 of the Regulation on the Implementation of the aforementioned Law.
Rules to Get Turkish Citizenship with Property Purchase
We do perform legal services for property purchase and management for foreign clients. Our services include preparation, legal help, and representation regarding the sale or purchase of a real estate property in Turkey. Our Turkish Citizenship Lawyers are ready to apply for citizenship with property investment.
An English-speaking attorney will prepare your purchase and sale agreement to buy or sell an off-plan or second-hand house or apartment in Turkey. Our lawyer will advise you of any potential pitfalls, recommend specific changes that would benefit you, discuss or negotiate these concerns and changes with the other party, and accompany you to the Title Deed Office to close the transaction.
Nowadays, there is a huge demand for Turkish citizenship via the route of the USD 400,000 property investment law. Our attorneys will help with real estate purchases until you get Turkish citizenship.
Our Turkish Citizenship by Real Estate Purchase Services:
- We will obtain a Tax ID for the client
- We will arrange a Notary Public and Sworn Translator for Power of Attorney
- Getting passports translated and notarized
- Assistance for opening a bank account in Turkey
During Property Purchase
- Discuss Client concerns and issues with the Client
- Draft or review the offer, purchase contract
- Contract management between buyer and seller. Legal consultancy and review of the real estate purchase agreement
- Discuss or negotiate the offer or contract with the Developer or the Developer’s lawyer
- Check whether the house is free of charges and/or rented out (if the property is a second-hand home)
- Check whether the Real Estate Tax payments are in good standing
- Due diligence for purchase clearance and buyer safeness
- Check the local Municipality whether the Developer has all the necessary licenses
- Accompany you to the Title Deed Office to sign the purchase and sale deed
- Getting evaluation reports for purchases taken by inspectors who are licensed by SPK. (Evaluation report)
- Obtain the title deed from the Directorate of Land Registry on behalf of the client. (Title deed)
- Adding annotations to the title deed records for citizenship (Annotated Title deed records)
- Getting a confirmation letter from the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization (Certificate of conformity)
Resident Permit Application
- We will prepare the residency application for the main applicant
- Apply to the Directorate of Immigration Office to fill out the application form
- Providing health insurance for 1 year
- Providing confirmation letter from the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization
- Preparing required notarized paper works
- Assisting client at the Directorate of Immigration Office on the appointment date
- Follow up to conclusion on behalf of the client
Application for citizenship
- Apply to the Directorate of Civil Registry to fill out the application form for Clint, his spouse, and his children
- Provide a notarized copy of the residence permit
- Preparing required notarized paper works
- Getting approval of citizenship (Approval Certificate of citizenship)
Property Management Services:
After we completed your property purchase, we can provide the below services for an additional fee;
- Register your property with the local Municipality to pay the annual Environmental and Garbage Collection Tax.
- Arrange a real estate agent to list your property to lease.
- To sign a lease contract with your tenant.
- To make sure the tenant is paying rent on time.
- If the tenant is not paying rent on time, we will send him/her a warning letter.
- If it is needed, we can file a lawsuit to evict the tenant.
- To observe if the tenant is paying monthly dues to the management.
Real Estate Purchase and Conformity Certificate
Obtaining a conformity certificate from the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization for purchasing a real estate property with a minimum value of $400,000 or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent amount of Turkish Liras and attached an annotation of no-sale for at least three years at the relevant title registry.
Purchasing a real estate property that has property ownership or a construction servitude on it, with a preliminary sale contract executed before a notary public and at least 400,000 USD or amount of foreign currency or Turkish Liras has been paid in advance and such notarized preliminary sale contract should be recorded at the local title registry with the undertaking not to transfer or assign the agreement for a period of three years.
In order to obtain the conformity certificate also called the eligibility certificate from the local office of the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization. The conformity certificate proves that our client has completed the investment phase and is now eligible to apply for Turkish citizenship by investment.
Turkish Citizenship with Bank Deposit
The second most common way to apply for Turkish citizenship by investment is to deposit 500,000 USD in a Turkish bank account. Our Turkish citizenship lawyers will assist you to open a bank account in your presence. We generally open bank accounts with a Power of Attorney (PoA) given to us by our clients. Some of our clients give us PoA in their own country either at the Turkish Embassy or local notary and apostille.
A PoA can be given in a way called double legalization in some countries like China. In this way, a PoA is prepared by a local notary and attested by the Foreign Ministry of that country and after that, it is attested by the Turkish Embassy.
Once your funds are transferred into your Turkish bank account or you can deposit money in cash as well. Your money must be converted to Turkish Lira (TL) and can be invested in TL interest-bearing accounts or Turkish Government Bonds for 3 years.
It used to be possible to keep your investment in foreign currency but it was changed recently. Please review the Presidential Decree showing the change. We assist you to open a newly introduced bank account called “Yuvam” and you can get dollar protection plus a %8 yield on your investment for 2 years.
In order to be eligible for Turkish citizenship by investment, one must invest at least 500.000 US Dollars or its equivalent foreign currency or equivalent Turkish Lira and make a commitment to hold the funds for three years at banks operating in Turkey and for whom a certificate of conformity is issued by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency.
Our Turkish Citizenship by Bank Deposit Services Include:
- Passport translation and notarization
- Obtaining tax id number for client
- Opening bank account
- Arrange bank deposit
- Prepare documents to be signed by the Client.
- Follow up our paperwork with BBDK.
Our Turkish Citizenship Application Services Include:
- Prepare residency application documents for the Client, his wife, and children.
- Prepare citizenship application documents for the Client, his wife, and children.
- Follow up the application until the Turkish passports are given.
Below Citizenship Services are Also Included:
- Getting the documents translated and notarized.
- Applying for the Turkish Tax Id Number.
- Assistance for opening a bank account in Turkey.
500.000 USD Bank Deposit and Conformity Certificate
Obtaining a conformity certificate from the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency for depositing a minimum of 500.000 USD or equivalent foreign currency or equivalent amount of Turkish Lira to banks that operate in Turkey with the condition to keep the such deposit in the relevant bank for at least three years.
Foreigners should deposit a minimum of 500.000 USD or an equivalent amount in foreign currency or Turkish Liras to banks that operate in Turkey with the condition to keep such deposits at such banks for at least three years. The amount should be convertible and should be equivalent to 500.000 USD.
It’s not required that such an amount should be deposited to only one single bank that operates in Turkey. In this context, foreigners may deposit the money in more than one bank operating in Turkey with the condition to keep such deposit at the such bank for at least three years and the total deposited amounts should be equal to 500.000 USD.
It’s essential to deposit such an amount to banks that operate in Turkey. Therefore, it is not possible to assume an amount as convenient for the Turkish citizenship application which is deposited to a bank abroad even if it is a branch office or association of Turkish Bank.
Foreigners shall also apply for Turkish citizenship based on a joint account (with his/her spouse or any other person) provided that joint account holder(s) other than the applicant has express consent that they keep such deposit at the bank for at least three years.
Please also note that in such a three-year period, a foreigner may benefit from the interest, dividend, and similar returns arising from the deposited amount pursuant to executed contracts with banks and the type of the bank account provided that the deposited amount shall not fall below the amount of 500.000 USD.
The amount deposited in a Turkish bank will be blocked for three years with the applicant’s request. However, this is not a blockade that makes the amount cannot be withdrawn by the holder of the bank account. As soon as the amount was withdrawn by the account holder or it is fallen under 500.000 USD, the bank will report the situation to the Ministry of Internal Affairs for initiation of the cancelation process for Turkish citizenship.
Documents Needed for Turkish Citizenship Application
Our Turkish citizenship law attorneys will apply for citizenship after receiving a conformity certificate. Required documents for the Turkish citizenship application by way of investment are:
- Preliminary examination form (a standard form VAT-4)
- Notarized Turkish translation of the passport
- Identity registry copy of the applicant
- Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Marital Status Certificate/Document
- Valid residence permit obtained through the process above outlined
- Receipt slip for the application service charges made
In addition to this:
- If the applicant is divorced; Divorce Certificate/Decree
- If the applicant is married; Marriage Certificate
- If the applicant is a widow; the Death Certificate regarding his/her spouse
Required Documents For Turkish Citizenship Application
- Application form (Vat-4)
- Passport or ID card that shows his/her nationality. If he/she is stateless approved documents with Turkish translated certified by the notary.
- Consent letter (taken from a notary or the related officer in domestic, if abroad external representation or from the authorized offices from his/her country) for the children who are under their mother’s/father’s custody and applying for citizenship with.
- Marital status document and if married marriage certificate, if divorced divorce certificate, if widow/widower death certificate.
- The birth certificate shows personal information or a population register sample document, and if married family registration certificate that proves the family bond between his/her spouse and children.
- Service charge receipt from finance cashier desk.
- 2 biometric photographs (50×60 mm, white background, machine-readable, plain set by ICAO).
Turkish Citizenship Application in General Terms
Our Turkish citizenship law attorneys are ready to apply for citizenship with general terms. Apart from these options for investors; please note that Turkey is still very conservative in its citizenship applications. According to Turkish Nationality Act No.5901, a foreigner applicant should meet the following requirements in order to apply for Turkish nationality (excluding the exceptions provided with the new amendments for investor immigrants):
- Should be at the age of consent according to his/her national law (if he/she is not a citizen of any country, Turkish law is taken into consideration which requires 18 years old as the age of consent)
- Should reside in Turkey for the last five (5) years (without intervention/break) and should have the intention of settling in Turkey
- Should be in good health
- Should speak enough Turkish
- Should have enough financial resources to support the applicant and the applicant’s family.
If one meets the conditions above, a Turkish nationality Application can be made through the Consulate General or the local Governor’s office in Turkey with the following documents:
- A document revealing the present nationality of the applicant (passport or birth certificate)
- If married to a Turkish national, the official documents confirming the identities and family ties of the spouse and the couple’s underaged children
- Certification of applicant’s ability to speak Turkish (a certificate will be issued by this Consulate General upon a successful interview of the applicant)
- A medical certificate confirming the applicant’s good health and being free from any infectious diseases that may endanger the public health (this certificate can be obtained from hospitals or family doctors)
- Four (4) passport-type pictures in color
- Completed application forms which can be obtained from Consulate General or Governorships in Turkey
- The document obtained from the Provincial Directorate of Security shows uninterrupted residency as well as entrance and exit dates into Turkey
- Certification and translation fee payment slips
- Administration fee payment slips
Completed application files are submitted to the Ministry of Interior, which will consider and process the applications on their merits. It may take six (6) to twenty-four (24) months to obtain a ruling on the application.
Five (5) Year Rule and Extended Stay for Longer Term in Turkey
As outlined above (and except for special investment immigration options to be reviewed in a further section) foreigners shall reside in Turkey legally for longer than five (5) years to become eligible for citizenship applications.
Alternatively, foreigners who reside in Turkey for longer than eight (8) years also become eligible to obtain an indefinite term residence permit (like US Greed Card) if they do not wish to switch to Turkish citizenship. Such a valid longer-term stay in Turkey could be achieved with different methods.
Marriage with a Turkish Citizen
Foreigners are eligible to stay in Turkey for longer terms and/or become Turkish citizens upon marriage to a Turkish citizen. For becoming eligible for citizenship, the foreigner and the Turkish citizen shall be married for at least three (3) years.
Reach us for Turkish Citizenship Law Attorneys
Akkas & Associates is a solution-oriented Turkish law firm that empowers clients to meet the diverse and changing demands of today’s citizenship with investment law. Since 1992, our lawyers have been helping clients with complex legal challenges and maximizing opportunities for success.
Our citizenship lawyers are prepared to assist you to buy real estate worth more than 400,000 USD or opening a bank account to deposit 500,000 USD to get Turkish Citizenship & passports.
Our law firm is now one of the leading Turkish citizenship law firms in Istanbul, Turkey. You may reach us for Turkish citizenship lawyers through our Contact page.