Akkas & Associates Law Firm is a globally recognized Turkish citizenship law firm with a long record of excellence and professional leadership in Istanbul, Turkey. Our Turkish citizenship lawyers are prepared to handle real estate acquisitions to get Turkish citizenship law 2020. Our investment for Turkish citizenship practice includes; buying, leasing, and selling residential and commercial properties to both domestic and foreign customers in Turkey. Our Turkish real estate lawyers also represent our clients in real property acquisition, we prepare real estate sale contracts or amend the contracts that are prepared by the developers. We also represent our clients throughout Turkish citizenship application process until they get their Turkish passport.
Our Turkish Citizenship Lawyers do perform Turkish citizenship services with investment options. We have extensive experience in immigration law in Turkey and we have obtained more than 400 passports. We have successfully represented clients from Iran, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Egypt, Tunis, Libya, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Hong Kong, Macao, China, Djibouti, Macedonia, USA and we know how to get required paperwork done in each country.
Our Turkish Citizenship Lawyers perform legal services for making an investment and getting a conformity certificate for the investment to apply for Turkish citizenship. Once the investment step is completed, we will apply for residency for the main applicant. After that, we will prepare Turkish citizenship file for the main applicant and his/her spouse and kids.
Generally, it takes 3-4 months to get a citizenship application accepted. We did not have any refusals so far. We got our last application accepted in 85 days. Once your application is accepted, you can apply for Turkish ID card and passport and get your fingerprints at Turkish Embassy in your country, you don’t have to come to Turkey at all.
However, if you like to come and get it done in Istanbul one of our English-speaking Turkish lawyers will help the you to get fingerprints and apply for Turkish ID card and passport. Turkish passport and ID card will be mailed to our office address.
Turkish Citizenship Law 2020
The Council of Ministers has adopted a decision published at the Official Gazette dated January 12, 2017. Accordingly, the Turkish Government introduced the option of obtaining a Turkish Citizenship via making an investment in Turkey, like other countries in the world, with certain reservations. In line with the further amendments made by The President Decision No. 106 entered into force on September 19, 2018, the amounts of investment required for acquiring Turkish citizenship applications are lowered.
More recently, one of the exceptional cases based on purchasing a real estate with a minimum value of $250,000.- (Two Hundred Fifty Thousand US Dollars) was amended by the Presidential Decree No. 408 through the publication in the Official Gazette dated December 7, 2018 and it is now possible to apply for Turkish citizenship by executing preliminary sale contract before notary public as for the real estates under construction projects provided that a real estate has construction servitude deed or condominium deed. Accordingly, foreigners who satisfy at least one of the below-noted investment requirements may be granted a citizenship, subject to the approval and an administrative decision of the President.
Turkish Citizenship Law’s Article 12 allows foreign investors to acquire Turkish citizenship in exceptional terms; with 18.09.2018 dated 106 numbered Presidential Decree, amendatory new arrangements have been made regarding the amounts mentioned in the Article 20 of the Regulation on the Implementation of the aforementioned Law.
In line with the recent regulatory amendments, foreigners who satisfy at least one (1) of the below criteria will be granted citizenship subject to the approval of the Council of Ministers:
- Purchase of a real estate property in Turkey with a minimum value of $250,000 (prior to the amendment such amount was $1,000,000), such property shall also have an annotation of no-sale for at least three years at the relevant title registry; or purchase a real estate which has a property ownership or a construction servitude on it, with a preliminary sale contract executed before a notary public and at least $250,000 or amount of foreign currency or Turkish Liras has been paid in advance and such notarized preliminary sale contract should be recorded at the relevant title registry with the undertaking not to assign or de-register the agreement for a period of three years
- A fixed capital investment of a minimum $500,000 (prior to the amendment such amount was $2,000,000) in a Turkish corporate entity
- Generate employment for at least 50 individuals in Turkey (prior to the amendment such amount was 100 individuals)
- Deposit a minimum of $500,000 to banks that operate in Turkey (prior to the amendment such amount was $3,000,000) with the condition to keep such deposit at such bank for at least three years
- Purchase minimum of $500,000 public borrowing vehicles of Turkey (prior to the amendment such amount was $3,000,000) and keep them for at least three years;
- Purchase minimum of $500,000 of Turkish real estate participation fund shares or Turkish capital investment trust fund shares (prior to the amendment such amount was $1,500,000) and keep those shares for at least three years
Reach us for Turkish Citizenship Law 2020
Akkas & Associates is a solution-oriented law firm that empowers clients to meet the diverse and changing demands of today’s citizenship with investment law. Since 1992, our lawyers have been helping clients’ complex legal challenges and maximize opportunities for success. Our law firm is now one of the leading Turkish Citizenship law firms in Istanbul, Turkey. You may reach us for Turkish Citizenship Lawyers in Turkey through our Contact page.