Akkas & Associates Law Firm is a globally recognized Turkish citizenship law firm with a long record of excellence and professional leadership in Istanbul, Turkey. Our Turkish citizenship lawyers are prepared to answer How to Become a Turkish Citizen and Turkish Citizenship by Investment FAQ and handle real estate acquisitions to get Turkish citizenship. Our investment for Turkish citizenship practice includes; buying, leasing, and selling residential and commercial properties to both domestic and foreign customers in Turkey. Our Turkish real estate lawyers also represent our clients in real property acquisition, we prepare real estate sale contracts or amend the contracts that are prepared by the developers. We also represent our clients throughout Turkish citizenship application process until they get their Turkish passport.
Our Turkish Citizenship Lawyers do perform Turkish citizenship services with investment options. We have extensive experience in immigration law in Turkey and we have obtained more than 400 passports. We have successfully represented clients from Iran, Palestine, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Egypt, Tunis, Libya, Pakistan, Bangladesh, India, Hong Kong, Macao, China, Djibouti, Macedonia, USA and we know how to get required paperwork done in each country.
Our Turkish Citizenship Lawyers perform legal services for making an investment and getting a conformity certificate for the investment to apply for Turkish citizenship. Once the investment step is completed, we will apply for residency for the main applicant. After that, we will prepare Turkish citizenship file for the main applicant and his/her spouse and kids.
Generally, it takes 3-4 months to get a citizenship application accepted. We did not have any refusals so far. We got our last application accepted in 85 days. Once your application is accepted, you can apply for Turkish ID card and passport and get your fingerprints at Turkish Embassy in your country, you don’t have to come to Turkey at all.
However, if you like to come and get it done in Istanbul one of our English-speaking Turkish lawyers will help the you to get fingerprints and apply for Turkish ID card and passport. Turkish passport and ID card will be mailed to our office address.
How to Become a Turkish Citizen?
The Council of Ministers has adopted a decision published at the Official Gazette dated January 12, 2017. Accordingly, the Turkish Government introduced the option of obtaining a Turkish Citizenship via making an investment in Turkey, like other countries in the world, with certain reservations. In line with the further amendments made by The President Decision No. 106 entered into force on September 19, 2018, the amounts of investment required for acquiring Turkish citizenship applications are lowered.
More recently, one of the exceptional cases based on purchasing a real estate with a minimum value of $250,000.- (Two Hundred Fifty Thousand US Dollars) was amended by the Presidential Decree No. 408 through the publication in the Official Gazette dated December 7, 2018 and it is now possible to apply for Turkish citizenship by executing preliminary sale contract before notary public as for the real estates under construction projects provided that a real estate has construction servitude deed or condominium deed. Accordingly, foreigners who satisfy at least one of the below-noted investment requirements may be granted a citizenship, subject to the approval and an administrative decision of the President.
Turkish Citizenship Law’s Article 12 allows foreign investors to acquire Turkish citizenship in exceptional terms; with 18.09.2018 dated 106 numbered Presidential Decree, amendatory new arrangements have been made regarding the amounts mentioned in the Article 20 of the Regulation on the Implementation of the aforementioned Law.
How to Become a Turkish Citizen with Property Purchase?
We do perform legal services for property purchase and management for foreign clients. Our services include preparation, legal help and representation regarding the sale or purchase of a real estate property in Turkey.
An English-speaking attorney will prepare your purchase and sale agreement to buy or sell an off-plan or second-hand house or apartment in Turkey. Our lawyer will advise you of any potential pitfalls, recommend specific changes that would benefit you, discuss or negotiate these concerns and changes with the other party, and accompany you to the Title Deed Office to close the transaction. Nowadays, there is huge demand for Turkish citizenship via the route of the USD 250,000 property investment law. Our attorneys will help from real estate purchase until you get Turkish citizenship.
Our Real Estate Purchase Services Include;
- Discuss Client concerns and issues with Client.
- Draft or review the offer, purchase contract.
- Discuss or negotiate the offer or contract with the Developer or the Developer’s lawyer.
- Prepare up to two sets of revisions or responses to counteroffers, if necessary.
- Review the information provided by the developer (if the property is off-plan).
- Check whether the house is free of charges and/or rented out (if the property is a second-hand home).
- Check whether the Real Estate Tax payments are in good standing.
- Check the local Municipality whether the Developer has all necessary licenses.
- Accompany you to the Title Deed Office in order to sign the purchase and sale deed.
- Change the property title in the Cadastral office.
- Process Client stamp duty tax on your behalf.
How to Become a Turkish Citizen with Bank Deposit?
Our attorneys will help you to open a bank account. We generally open bank accounts with a Power of Attorney (PoA) given to us by our clients. Some of our client give us PoA in their own country either at Turkish Embassy or local notary and apsotille. A PoA can be given in a way called double legalization in some countries like China. In this way a PoA is prepared by a local notary and attested by the Foreign Ministry of that country and after that it is attested by Turkish Embassy.
In order to be eligible for bank deposit option, one must invest at least 500.000 US Dollars or its equivalent foreign currency or equivalent of Turkish Lira and make commitment to hold the amount of deposits for three years at banks operating in Turkey and for whom a certificate of conformity is issued by the Banking Regulation and Supervision Agency.
Our Bank Deposit Services Includes Following Matters;
- Passport translation and notarization
- Obtaining tax id number for client
- Opening bank account
- Arrange bank deposit
- Prepare documents to be signed by the Client.
- Follow up our paperwork with BBDK.
Our Turkish Citizenship Application Shall Consist of All Following Matters;
- Prepare residency application documents for Client, his wife and children.
- Prepare citizenship application documents for Client, his wife and children.
- Follow up application until the Turkish passports given.
Below Citizenship Services are Also Included in Our Fees:
- Getting the documents translated and notarized.
- Applying for the Turkish Tax Id Number.
- Assistance for opening a bank account in Turkey.
Additionally, we have extensive experience on resident permit and immigration & citizenship services for foreign citizens.
Nowadays, there is huge demand for Turkish citizenship via the route of the USD 250,000 property investment law. Our attorneys will help from real estate purchase until you get Turkish citizenship.
How to File Turkish Citizenship Application?
Required documents for Turkish Citizenship Application by way of investment are:
- Preliminary examination form (a standard form VAT-4)
- Notarized Turkish translation of the passport
- Identity registry copy of the applicant
- Birth Certificate of the applicant
- Marital Status Certificate/Document
- Valid residence permit obtained through the process above outlined
- Receipt slip for the application service charges made
In addition to this:
- If the applicant is divorced; Divorce Certificate/Decree
- If the applicant is married; Marriage Certificate
- If the applicant is widow; Death Certificate regarding his/her spouse
Reach us to Become a Turkish Citizen
Akkas & Associates is a solution-oriented law firm that empowers clients to meet the diverse and changing demands of today’s citizenship with investment law. Since 1992, our lawyers have been helping clients’ complex legal challenges and maximize opportunities for success. Our law firm is now one of the leading Turkish Citizenship law firms in Istanbul, Turkey. You may reach us to Become a Turkish Citizen through our Contact page.